Friday, March 14, 2008

Listen and Learn

On Wednesday night I attended a talk by Perth jewellery Sophie Kyron as part of the Fremantle Art Centre's Fashion Talks series. I always love going to the FAC, if only to look for signs of ghosts (it's apparently the most haunted building in the Southern Hemisphere) and the talk was held in the lovely inner courtyard area. It was very interesting to hear that Sophie is not a trained jeweller and it seems she almost 'happened upon' her successful business, which creates jewellery sought after by mere mortals and celebs such as Kate Ceberano and Toni Collette.

And as for me...the unwrapped market is drawing ever closer and I've just edited over 100 images of the new jewellery I have created, ready to create a catalogue tomorrow. The wonderful Moz is creating a banner as we speak and with any luck we will be ready to go on Sunday.

No comments: