Saturday, February 9, 2008

Feeling blue?

Today was a veritable FRENZY of blue polymer clay making and baking, as I started the countdown to prepare for my first craft fair/designer show in mid-March. Apparently blue is a 'key colour' for the upcoming season, wouldn't you know!

I'm pretty pleased with the pieces I created today, which are quite different from my usual style. I'm going to be asking for some feedback on them and if they get the general thumbs up, I'll be going into superproduction mode to produce them in a few colours. I loaded the bluebird into my etsy shop oddgirlout.etsy.com this evening and will see if it gets many views.


I think my favourite from today is the bow necklace, although I have to do some work on making the design a little sturdier, as the first one I made broke when I tried to buff it. I made this necklace in blue and black, but haven't photographed the blue version yet.


All the kneading, rolling and buffing has plain tuckerd me out, and I'm off to bed soon - as soon as the fireworks stop (must be for Chinese New Year - Gung hei fat choi! Happy to be a rat).






No comments: