Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Getting to grips with technology

As part of my "conquering the accessories world marketing masterplan", I decided it was time to get jiggy with all the technology out there to expose my blog to the world. Trouble is, I like the technology, but the technology don't like me much. uhuh. I've had allllll kinds of problems from some wierd website 'kidnapping' my technorati link, to my squidoo lens locking me out. Could it possibly be something to do with being a member of generation X rather than Y?

Anyhoo, back onto stuff I do know how to do, I rushed home and made some of these these bright jade - coloured earrings the other day after a long day at business school and made a little dragonfly from the left overs.



I've been experimenting with a new kind of translucent polymer clay and I'm really happy with the glass-like finish I can get. I've also been experimenting with making rings from this material, as the new clay is much stronger than the old kinds I used to work with, which would just break when used on items like rings that get a fair bit of handling. I'll update you on the experiment when I've reached my conclusions!

No comments: