Friday, July 11, 2008

The day before the day after

It's the day before the Made on the Left market and I am feeling relatively well prepared. I spent last night and this morning making 20 pairs of a completely new kind of earring in a style I have named 'Lulu L'Amour' after a fictional 20s flapper with a growly smokers voice and an unfortunate penchant for mint juleps.



Yesterday evening I went to the 10th anniversary celebration of a programme called ArtsEdge, which promotes Arts Eduction in schools. I worked on ArtsEdge maaaaany moons ago and at the celebration they gave me these beautiful flowers to thank me. What a lovely surprise.





The Western Australian Youth Jazz Orchestra provided the entertainment and had me thinking maybe I should have put more practise in at the piano when I was a kid...they were very good

After the function I raced down to Innaloo (by way of home to pick up Moz) to watch Mamma Mia for my friend Kymbo's birthday.




I have to say, Pierce Brosnan certainly can smoulder but sing he cannot. In fact, the only ones who really could sing in the whole film were the unknown young girls who played the bride (Amanda Seyfried) and her bridesmaids - but I guess they were going the box office names. Funny, I could have sworn Meryl sung fantastically in Postcards from the Edge, but she must have lost it in between. All in all, I don't really think the storyline translated well to a fillum and that sort of high camp would be best left to the stage. And this is coming from someone who is partial to more than a little random Abba too.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to meet you today! Its nice to meet another polyclayer. I love that our styles are so different to each other. Glad it all went well for you too.